Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Don Is Home from the Hospital

I just returned home from the hospital at 8:30 tonight!

Since the IV steroids were not working to control my ulcerative colitis flare, I was given my first dose of Remicade this afternoon/evening. My ulcerative colitis flare is not completely under control yet, and it may take some time for the Remicade to take effect. However, there is no need for me to stay in the hospital with this new medication. I will need to go to the hospital periodically (next dose is in 2 weeks and eventually once every 2 months) to get more doses of Remicade, but I will only need to be in the hospital for a few hours.

It is a relief to be home with Steph, Donny, and Alex, and I hope that things will start getting back to normal now. Thank you all for your support, thoughts, and prayers!

-Don

1 comment:

The James Family said...

I'm so happy you're back home with Steph and the kids! It stinks that you're still ha ing the flares but at least you can be with your family! See you next week! :)

Love,
Vickie